Olivia turned 7 on May 28th. Her best present was an IPOD nano, which she wears constantly. I have downloaded all her favourite ABBA songs and she's perfecting some pretty mean dance moves when she thinks no-one is looking. Hopefully she will also soon get the hang of removing the earphones before she talks to you instead of bellowing at the top of her voice over Benny and Bjorn's lyrics.
Among her other gifts were some bangles. A great choice, as Olivia loves jewellery. The more sparkly and spangly, the better - which is good when you live in the Middle East, as nothing here is understated.
The other day she was rummaging through my jewellery box and found a pair of earrings she particularly liked.
"Mummy," she said, "I know what I want for my next birthday."
"You've only just had this one," I said.
"Yes, but I just wanted you to know. For my next birthday, I want my ears peeled and then I can wear your earrings too!"
"Peeled ears, eh? I'll see what we can do," I smiled.
She reminds me more of Vicky every day!
ReplyDeleteYou didn't mention that it was her pearl earrings she wants to wear in her peeled ears.
ReplyDelete