This is a writing tag from Anne.
What word do you use too much in your writing?
None in particular, but I do have a tendency to be too wordy and end up having to edit extensively pieces I write.
Which words do you consider overused in stuff you read?
"in time", as in "moment in time". Is there any other sort of moment?
What's your favourite piece of writing (written by you)?
My first published article - a travel piece on Kerala, India. Although a nostalgic choice would be the five-year diary which I kept as a teenager and recently rediscovered.
Regrets, do you have a few? Is there anything you wish you hadn't written?
The odd email, typed in anger, sent in haste and repented at leisure.
How has your writing made a difference?
Studying journalism has made me look at anything and everything I do through new eyes. The most mundane, everyday events now become potential stories.
Favourite words
"Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has turned on the fasten seatbelt signs in preparation for landing." Music to the ears after a 28 hour journey to Australia with 2 kids.
Least favourite words
"This cream is from our range for the more mature skin."
Do you have a writing mentor, role model or inspiration?
The journalist Helena Frith-Powell, whose light, witty style I hope to emulate.
Writing ambition
To have a travel or lifestyle article published by a UK national newspaper.
Plug:
Keep following the blog for more ins and outs of life in the desert and elsewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment