Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Photo meme

I have been tagged by both Julie at The Sardine Tin and Natural Mummy in a photo meme. My first, so I hope I get it right.

The instructions are:

1. Open the first (oldest) photo folder in your computer library
2. Scroll to the 10th photo
3. Post the photo and the story behind it
4. Tag 5 or more people to continue the thread.

So here's the photo. The quality isn't great as it was a photo taken with a video camera.


The date is 5 November 1999. The place, St Luc Hospital in Brussels. And after about 16 hours of labour, Isabelle was born. I'd forgotten to pack a hat for her (they insisted on newborns wearing them in Brussels) so she wore a sock on her head for the first couple of hours.

The day after she was born was the final of the Rugby World Cup and Ian came into the hospital to watch it with some friends and some champagne. Just what a breast-feeding new mother needs - alcohol she can't drink and friends she's too exhausted to converse with.

The Wallabies won. Ian was ecstatic. "Aussies rule the world again" ran the sporting headlines.

But my little Aussie and I slept through it all.

So now let me tag the following bloggers with this one:

Fraught Mummy at Brits in Bosnia
Celeste at Coconut Radio

4 comments:

  1. So cute - she looks so alert already. I love the idea of her having to wear a sock on her head. Thank you for sharing the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shes lovely! I never understood the hat thing either - they ket insisting that I wrap my baby up in that sweltering hospital.

    Thanks for taking part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just flipped over to yours from one of your flagees (London City Mum) - lovely picture. Hats yes, and about six layers eh? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabelle was absolutely adorable. So precious. I love the story of the sock on the head. That is too cute. I will enjoy doing this meme. Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete