Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Where's the envelope?

On Monday I went to the local post office to send off a copy of a report to the UK. Handing over my brown A4 size envelope to the clerk I waited while he weighed the letter twice and then waited while he spent ages tearing stamps out of various books and assembling them in a pile on the counter. He ended by handing over what looked like postcards of the Royal family.

"These are the world's largest stamp" he told me proudly. I'm not sure if this is true, but the stamp was of gargantuan proportions. And I needed three of them.
I stared at the pile. Then I began sticking and when I'd finished, the envelope looked like this:


Nine stamps in all. Admittedly not as many as Manoj Kumar Mondal, who managed to use 3809 Indian postal stamps in March to break the world record for the maximum number of stamps on a parcel, but not bad for someone who wasn't really trying.

7 comments:

  1. Miss F: Thanks for letting me know. I can see them when I log on. I downloaded them from my phone (not that that should make any difference). Will check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me with the size of those stamps? That is hilarious. And I thought it was only Texas that did things bigger and better. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okaaaaaay. So what if you have to send a postcard? Does the stamp get one 'all to itself'?

    Bizarre.

    LCM x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Selma - No, bigger and better is a Middle East thing too - biggest mall, tallest building etc etc. Most taste? Nope, fraid not.

    LCM - maybe you have to buy a large postcard??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the stamps :) ... growing up, I used to collect stamps ... I still have my 20 year old stamp book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nabeel - my grandfather collected stamps and I still have his old albums. have always hoped to find a Penny Black lurking in there somewhere...

    ReplyDelete